23) Which one of the following structures of steel is obtained due to the drastic cooling from the austenite structure ?
Related Heat Treatment MCQ - Machinist(Set-1) with Answers
The annealing process is carried out by heating the steel above the critical range, soaking it for sufficient time to allow the necessary changes to occur, and cooling at a predetermined rate, usually very slowly, within the furnace.
To improve machinability
Purpose of Annealing process is to
- To soften the steel.
- To improve the machinability.
- To increase the ductility.
- To relieve the internal stresses.
- To refine the grain size and to prepare the steel for subsequent heat treatment process.