21) Which one of the following groups of quenching media is in order of their severity of the cooling rate, i.e. from slow to rapid cooling ?
forced air, oil, brine solution
Related Heat Treatment MCQ - Machinist(Set-1) with Answers
The annealing process is carried out by heating the steel above the critical range, soaking it for sufficient time to allow the necessary changes to occur, and cooling at a predetermined rate, usually very slowly, within the furnace.
To improve machinability
Purpose of Annealing process is to
- To soften the steel.
- To improve the machinability.
- To increase the ductility.
- To relieve the internal stresses.
- To refine the grain size and to prepare the steel for subsequent heat treatment process.