The grade of file tool is listed below
3. Second Cut
5. Dead Smooth
1) Rough File : A rough file is used for removing rapidly a larger quantity of metal. It is mostly used for trimming the rough edges of soft metal castings.
2) Bastard File: A bastard file is used in cases where there is a heavy reduction of material.
3) Second Cut File: A second cut file is used to give a good finish on metals. It is excellent to file hard metals. It is useful for bringing the jobs close to the finishing size.
4) Somooth File: A smooth file is used to remove small quantity of material and to give a good finish.
5) Dead Smooth File: A dead smooth file is used to bring the material to accurate size with a high degree of finish.